Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cookie Pizza

Last night I was procrastinating. Today is potluck day at one of my schools. I usually sign up for dessert as I travel between schools and the lag time in the mini-commute is just long enough for some of the staff to be about ready for dessert by the time I arrive. Last night I got caught up in blog surfing. And I didn't really pay much attention to the time. I knew I had to make something fast. So here is what I came up with.

Roll out one tube of Pillsburry Cookie Dough (I had Chocolate chunk in the fridge) onto a pizza pan. Take the time to press it out and thin (but leave room on the edges for it to rise and spread out. Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes.
Meanwhile melt a half cup of chocolate chips mixed with 1/8 cup canned evaporated milk in the microwave for 2 minutes. Mix well when chocolate is melted. (My mixture had more canned milk so turned out thin, so this is my guestamate to make it a thicker consistancy - you won't use all of it anyways).
When large cookie is done, spread the chocolate 'sauce' onto the cookie. Decorate with whatever cookie goodies you have around. I used rainbow sprinkles and toffee chunks, but smarties, white chocolate chips, marshmallows, anything sweet would work.
Let cool, cut and enjoy :o)

No comments: