Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Super Easy Ice Cream Cake



This is seriously the easiest ice cream cake you will ever make. I had never seen it done until this summer, 1st at a staff potluck and 2nd at a Canada Day BBQ. You can make it big or small.

Layer 1 - Ice Cream Sandwiches (you may have to slice them in half to make it fit just right)
Layer 2 - Cool Whip
Layer 3 - broken up Oreos
Layer 4 - Ice Cream Sandwiches
Layer 5 - Cool Whip
Layer 6 - broken up Oreos

That's it - it's that easy and so tasty!

11 comments:

Creative Classroom Core said...

My husband woulg go CRAZY for this! Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe! Love your blog!

Lissaloo said...

Where were you last year when my daughter wanted me to make an ice cream cake?!?! This looks yummy! I might have to make it just for fun :)

Coleens Recipes said...

Icecream cakes can be pretty pricey, this is WONDERFUL!!

Monica H said...

I saw something similar in Kraft magazine and I thought it was so clever. It's looks delicious!

Katy ~ said...

Oh my! This sounds very very good!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I just saw Rachel Ray do a similar one--but your cake looks even better. Very fun!

chow and chatter said...

yummy, great job

Lara said...

My oh my that looks out of this world! My kids would LOVE this!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I make something very similar. The recipe's from Kraft. Wth mine I add a layer of fudge sauce that has crushed oreos between the sandwiches.

Great photo, too
~ingrid

Talita said...

Wow!! This looks gorgeous!! I love ice cream, sorbet, gelato.... Yummm!!

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe it can be so easy to make an ice cream cake! Thanks for sharing this!