Thursday, October 29, 2009

My friends

Hello my friends out there in the foodie community. I haven't written to you for some time, I know. I had a wonderful afternoon today visiting each and every one of you. Some know this because I left a little note, to others I was a visiting ghost so to speak. I honestly haven't done this in a very long time. But there is nothing like staying home from work sick to give you some time.
I want to say how much I enjoyed all of your recipes. I'm amazed and inspired by you all. How you continue to produce such quality recipes day after day is really quite something. I do pop by from time to time, but haven't taken the time like I did today to see you all.
I'm also amazed by those who I know spend time appreciating and commenting on the blogs of so many others. Thanks especially to those who keep the comments coming, even if I've been somewhat silent on my part.
I know my food blogging stream has died down a bit these last few months, first by the nausea of pregnancy and continued by repeat dinners. I decided that I didn't want to let my blogging life take over my real life. I run 4 blogs and was feeling the pressure to write something new on all of them all the time. Then I started to wonder why? Why was I spending so much time and energy on these? It was becoming more work than a hobby I enjoy. So I've slowed the pace down a bit and am finding that I'm enjoying blogging again. I like to take the time to peruse and think of something clever and honest rather than just posting for the sake of posting. I promise you all that when I discover something delicious and worth posting I will share it with you.

11 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I too really appreciate each comment and know it can be time consuming. I look forward to more wonderful recipes. Good luck!

Lissaloo said...

Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy your great posts :)
I hope you are past the puky feeling stage and that you're doing well :)

Monica H said...

Hey Kristen, thanks for stopping by today. It can be overwhelming and time consuming so I appreciate it. I'm sorry you're home sick and I hope you get well soon.

xoxo,
Monica

Katy ~ said...

I saw your comment and was so delighted to hear from you. I never fail to think of you when I make pancakes or waffles. I'm sorry to hear you are a little under the weather.

I only post maybe twice a week and that's enough for me. I see that some bloggers post virtually everyday but there's just no way I can maintain that kind of energy, nor do I want to. There's only two of us, and when I make something it generally means leftovers for a couple of days.

I'm fortunate and so blessed to have the followers I have, as I have such gratitude and fondness for each one. It does take a while to get around to everyone's blog, and if I happen to miss a day, I can spend 4 or 5 hours leaving even just the briefest of notes.

I know how much I love comments so I try not to miss a chance to visit with someone else.

Kristen, as I've said before, I'm glad to see you when I can. I'm a follower, made a commitment to follow, so I'll be here!

Coleens Recipes said...

I really enjoyed your post today. Its good to hear from you. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

No pressure! Though I do understand where you're coming from as I'm often disappointed that I'm not posting more regularly,too.
~ingrid

NKP said...

We all get a little weary of blogging. It is totally ok to take as many breaks as you need.
Thanks so much for my book, it arrived this week.

teresa said...

i completely understand the feeling. a while ago i took a whole month off for the exact same reason. we are here when you are and good luck with everything, especially the new baby!

Katerina said...

Hi Kristen,
Thanks for the comment. Your kids are so cute. I believe you have three. You are blessed and fully occupied. I have only one and still struggle.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

It was so good to hear from you again and i'm hoping the first trimester naseau is subsiding and your are enjoying your pregnancy.
Blogging has no rules, blog when you can and visit when you can. You're always welcomed and appreciated! {{{HUGS!!!}}}

Bunny said...

I know how you feel, when it feels like a job the fun just goes right out of it. I look forward to your next post.