Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yogurt Muffins



I know I'm having a bit of a muffin theme in my house - I'm also having a bit of a yogurt theme (I have a pile of recipes to post backed up that I just haven't had the time to post - bad blogger!) These muffins were really tasty. I think you could put any flavour of yogurt into them, I just happened to have some strawberry that needed using up (plus a few cups of the kids yogurt, peach and banana that I threw in - why not?)

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup strawberry yogurt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350*. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, vanilla and butter; stir into the dry ingredients. Fill muffin tin sprayed with non-stick spray, or lined with muffin cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes.

7 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

We love muffins this time of year!!

Trish said...

I love muffins too and on top of that...these are good for you...yum yougurt!

Karine said...

I love adding yogurt to muffins:)

Yours look delicious:)

NKP said...

Yogurt makes muffins so tender and tasty - delish!

teresa said...

i have never added yogurt to muffins before, but they look awesome!

Katy ~ said...

I have never added yogurt to muffins. Love the versatility of flavors that can be added. Great idea for those little bits of yogurt that might be left over.

Donna-FFW said...

Muffins are a favorite breakfast here, and these sound so versatile!