Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spider-Man Cake



Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know that I usually make a wacky cake for my kids birthdays. My oldest son turned 6 last week. He's very into super heroes right now. This is the cake I made for him. To get the shape of Spider-Man's face, I first made a double batch of the wacky cake batter (recipe found here) in a large rectangular pan. I then traced a Spider-Man shaped head on the cake before cutting it out. I scooped out the sides of the cake (and froze them, I mean to make something out of the cake bits later) and then turned the cake over to the foil lined cutting board. I then froze the cake over night. Freezing the cake makes it much easier to decorate. The rest I did by looking at a picture of Spider-Man. The eyes I made by shaping a couple of white chocolate pieces, laying them down on top of the red icing. I did all the black icing last. I am really happy with the result and it turned out to be one of the easier cakes I've done.

3 comments:

Lissaloo said...

The cake is awesome!! I love how you did it without a special pan, great job! And Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy! :)

Monica H said...

Happy birthday to your son. He looks thrilled with his cake!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Awesome! You did a great job! Happy birthday to your son!
~ingrid