Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DIY Beefaroni

This is an extremely kid-friendly, fall yummy sort of meal.  It is also super-easy.

1lb beef
1/2 onion chopped finely
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 large can tomato sauce (we used our homemade stuff.)
1 can (small) tomato paste
1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 cups uncooked macaroni
Mozzerella cheese (grated)

Cook macaroni according to package directions.  While macaroni is cooking, saute the beef in a large frying pan with the garlic, onions and Italian seasoning.  Once the beef is browned add the tomato sauce and paste.  Mix everything together well.  Drain the macaroni and add to the mixture.  Add as much grated cheese as you desire (about 1/2 cup - 1 cup works well).  Mix everything together to melt the cheese in.  Serve and enjoy!

7 comments:

Chef E said...

Take the post below and make it one of my all time favorites- ChiliMac! Yeah...now I want some you evil blog, lol, kidding, although I do want some...

Donna-FFW said...

Oh yes these are my kind of meals!!

Lara said...

Kid friendly sounds like my kind of meal.

Pam said...

I could eat a huge bowl of this right now!

chow and chatter said...

yum my kind of meal

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I'm all for kid friendly! It does look like a dish my kiddos would enjoy.
~Ingrid

Katerina said...

Yes, my son would love it! His kind of food.