Sunday, June 3, 2012

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

 These muffins are a variation of Jean Pare's  Banana Oatmeal Muffins.  I have one very picky eater in my house.  He does not like eating any sort of fruit or vegetable.  It is actually painful to see him choke them down.  Whenever possible I use recipes like this to my advantage.  It's weird, but he loves them and will eat more than anyone else.  These muffins are tasty and fairly simple to make.

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

2 eggs
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup milk
3 medium mashed bananas

1 cup frozen blueberries

In a large bowl, measure the first 6 ingredients.  Stir to mix.  Make a well in the centre.
In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy, mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.  Pour into well.  Stir just to moisten.  Stir in the blueberries.  Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake in 400* oven for 20-25 minutes.

My picky 5 year old chowing down on these muffins for breakfast.

6 comments:

Rhonda Boyd said...

Hi. I don't see any oatmeal in the list of ingredients. Are they just meant to be banana blueberry muffins?

Kristen said...

Thanks Rhonda! There is 1 cup of rolled oats - sorry about that. I hope you enjoy them :)
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Are the blueberries supposed to be thawed or frozen when they go into the mix?

Kristen said...

Yep, I just toss them in frozen - works great!

Anonymous said...

Just made these and they turned out very well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Kristen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them!